Our service to Girls of Color is powered by volunteerism and generous donations from the community. Join our committed team of contributors by donating today. Donations have direct impact in the lives of girls in each of the ways described in the list below.
Your generous donations provide girls involved with Code Switch programs with...
- free participation in weekly school- and community-based sister circles: donations pay for books, snacks, materials, supplies, and facilitator fees
- fellowship scholarships: donations pay for books, materials, supplies, fellow stipends, and action project scholarships meant to support girls in developing research and leadership skills necessary to become change agents in their respective communities.
- conference travel scholarships: donations pay for travel, lodging, transportation, and food for girls to attend and facilitate workshops at local, regional, national, and international conferences focused on gender equity, racial justice, and youth-led community action
- leadership development scholarships: donations pay for girls to attend our spring and summer restorative leadership academies at no cost (covers costs related to registration fees, materials, supplies, books, facility, meals, and personnel), as well as to employ their leadership skills as facilitators of dialogues at the annual Youth of Color Restorative Practices Critical Mentorship Summit (pays for RJ training fees, t-shirts and supplies needed to facilitate dialogues)
- cultural emersion scholarships: donations cover all travel costs for girls to explore and develop self-efficacy and empowerment through travel to national and international destinations meant to teach them about their cultural, ethnic, and racial history.